Active Directory polling
Oct 23, 2023
Use Active Directory polling if you use Active Directory; otherwise, it is recommended to use other poll types. If you use Active Directory but some of the networked devices are not listed as members, these devices cannot be discovered by using Active Directory polling.
Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console sends a request to the domain controller and receives the Active Directory device structure. Active Directory polling is performed hourly.
Viewing and modifying the settings for Active Directory polling
To view and modify the settings for Active Directory polling:
- In the main menu, click the settings icon () next to the name of the required Administration Server.
The Administration Server properties window opens.
- On the General tab, select the Distribution points section.
- Click the name of the distribution point that you want to use to poll the network.
The distribution point properties window opens.
- Select the Active Directory section.
- Configure the following settings:
- Turn Active Directory polling on or off by using the toggle button.
- Change the polling schedule.
The default period is one hour. The data received at the next polling completely replaces the old data.
- Configure advanced settings to select the polling scope:
- Active Directory domain to which the Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console belongs
- Domain forest to which the Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console belongs
- Specified list of Active Directory domains
- To add a domain to the polling scope, select a domain option, click the Add button, and then specify the address of the domain controller and the name and password of the account for accessing it.
- Click the OK button.
The new settings are applied to the Active Directory polling.
Viewing the results of Active Directory polling
To view the results of Active Directory polling:
- In the main menu, go to Discovery & deployment → Discovery → Active Directory.
The list of discovered organizational units is displayed.
- Select an organizational unit, and then click the Devices button.
The list of devices in the organizational unit is displayed.
You can search the list and filter the results.