Supporting remote administration applications
January 10, 2024
You may occasionally need to use a remote administration application while external control protection is enabled. In the local interface, you can configure the operation of a remote administration application on a protected virtual machine.
To configure the operation of remote administration applications:
- Open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, select the Anti-Virus protection section.
The anti-virus protection settings are shown in the right part of the window.
If the settings in the local interface are not available, this means that the values of settings defined by the policy are used for all protected virtual machines of the administration group.
- In the Exclusions and trusted zone section, click the Settings button.
The Trusted zone window opens.
- Select the Trusted applications tab.
- Open the context menu of the Add button and do one of the following:
- To find the remote administration application in the list of applications that are installed on the protected virtual machine, select the Applications item. The Select application window opens.
- To specify the path to the executable file of the remote administration application, select Browse. The Select file window opens.
- Select an application.
The Exclusions for application window opens.
- Select the Do not monitor application activity check box.
- In the Exclusions for application window, click OK.
The trusted application that you have added appears in the trusted applications list.
- In the Trusted zone window, click OK.
- To save changes, click the Save button.